SIGNPOSTS - Pointing the way to Jesus, the Way, and the Truth, and the Light.

Please feel free to share

Thursday, February 1, 2024

Birch Run

 A bit of a signpost for a novel I have completed and published: Thanks for your indulgence on my posting it here. 


Troubles overwhelm Gordon Bryant and his wife Peg on their way to the town of Birch Run. Bickering children, a runaway cow, and a missing road sign are the start of their calamities as they maneuver their brand-new station wagon along narrow mountain roads.  

On the surface, Birch Run appears to be a quiet village plucked from the pages of a fairy tale, yet every fairy tale has an ogre, and Birch Run has two. The townsfolk need a knight in shining armor to rescue them, but God, in his wisdom, sends them instead an enthusiastic preacher for their small country church. The young pastor is not the average holier-than-thou sort; he sings along to Elvis and Johnny Cash and even wishes he could play piano like Jerry Lee Lewis.  

Three sisters, Grace, Effie, and Jess, the former Hillen girls, born and raised on Birch Mountain, have each been praying for a miracle. Miracles happen, but sometimes they involve an accident-prone preacher, rotten apples, and crazy old men. 

Do you have a bucket list? I have yet to write mine down and check items off, but there are definite goals I hope to achieve. I have followed one of these dreams and written and published a novel, Birch Run, which can best be categorized as general/Christian fiction.

So many times, I purchase a novel and am appalled at the trash contained in the pages. Within Birch Run are a half dozen very mild 'worldly' words and one 'worldly' gesture, but they fit and do not offend. I would let my godly grandmothers read Birch Run without feeling ashamed.

In my youth, and even as an adult, there were books I could read repeatedly and not tire of; Birch Run is one of these books. That is a good thing. I have proofread the novel many times during the publishing stages. Even though I created the story, I sometimes had a hard time stopping to eat or sleep in the midst of it.

Birch Run can be read on Kindle through Amazon or purchased as a paperback from Amazon.

Birch Run/Amazon/US PaperbackEbook

Birch Run/Amazon UK PaperbackEbook

Birch Run/Amazon AU Ebook

If you are interested in the ebook and your area of the world is not listed, check through Amazon.com for availability.

No comments:

Post a Comment